Agile Ridge

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Day Two

I didn't put the book down the entire weekend. I read it from the time we got home until Monday night. I finished it. This is rare. I never do this. But everything in the book excited me. I screamed "Thank you Jesus" a number of times. Finally I had a book that explained to me in detail what my gut has been saying for years. And now, I wanted to become an expert and share it with others at work. My goal was to finish the book so others could borrow it and learn as I have.

Not much to say other than - but the book! "Agile Estimating and Planning" by Mike Cohn. I mean, I could explain it to you at this point, but I'm a novice. How could I present the material better than he can? http://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com I would recommend.

That night before work, my mind teamed with excitement. It thought and processed and digested all this information that I shoveled into it. It was processing like it had done in the past when the pieces fell into place in other endeavors. I discovered how this could integrate with our current process and procedures, how we can predict our pipeline. I didn't sleep well, but the next day I had a vigor that I have not had in a long time.

On my way to work I was listening to a worship album and this quote sprung into my mind "Today I will revolutionize my industry". I want to print that out and hang it as a banner over my desk. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I want projects to succeed, I want to use my creativity to make that happen. I want to be an agile team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home